Delicatessen Clerk at all Brooklyn Fare Locations
Back to Careers Page
Summary of Responsibilities
Delicatessen Clerk will work under the supervision of Delicatessen Manager in all areas of the department while maintaining operating standards, and will be responsible for tasks that focus on the day to day activities with an emphasis on customer service, production, quality control, time management and kitchen/work area sanitation.
- Maintain complete knowledge of company's policies and procedures.
- Delicatessen Clerk will be responsible for customer service of department, production or preparation of items, special orders, catering orders items as required by customers and or Manager.
- Ensures the proper management of work areas are cleaned and maintained, including utensils and equipment for use.
- Maintain and rotate products as needed.
- Operate machinery, equipment, and tools of Delicatessen Department
- Coordinates communication with other departments to ensure the proper management of resources and avoid spoilage.
- Comply with attendance rules and be available to work as scheduled.
- Perform any other job-related duties as assigned.
- Must be able to properly communicate in English, have the ability to solve problems and work under pressure and/or deadlines
- Must have at least 1 years of work and/or experience in similar role
- Ideal applicant must be knowledgeable about products, ingredients, recipes etc.
- Ideal applicant must be able to prioritize customer service without compromising other duties and/or team environment
- Must be very organized and time effective in order to meet short deadlines
- Must be able to work in a effective and timely manner under demanding work conditions such as: hot temperatures, walking and standing for long periods of time, carry, lift up to 35 lbs. etc.
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- High school education preferred
- Ensures correct use of equipment, understands time management of tasks and is able to prioritize duties.
- Must be able to demonstrate strong cooking skills, understands seasonality of food, demonstrates strong customer attention, thorough knowledge of ingredients and products on a consistent basis
- Must have strong knife skills, knowledge of kitchen equipment, and confident service skills
- Must be able to comply with of federal, state, and local food sanitation regulations.
- Must be able work as part of a team and on an individual manner
- Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
- Ideal applicant possess outstanding team work attitude and performs other duties as assigned.
This position is Full Time, for closing shifts. The ideal candidate must be time flexible and expected to work on the weekends, holidays and additional hours as needed.
We offer you
We offer competitive pay- rates, health insurance, flexible transportation account, employee discounts, paid sick days.