Cashier - Part Time
Back to Careers Page
This is a part-time position that requires time availability to work opening/closing shifts, weekends and holidays.
- Greet store guests and provide an excellent customer service.
- Take money in the form of cash, credit card, or check.
- Issue receipts, refunds, and credits.
- Scan/weigh items and ensure pricing is correct, take coupons, dispense correct change.
- Process customers' orders and/or returns.
- Deliver customer’s orders as needed.
- Count money in cash drawers at the beginning of shifts to ensure that amounts are correct and that there isadequate change.
- Resolve amount discrepancies.
- Bag items carefully.
- Proper maintenance of work area and facilities.
- Answer customers' questions and get a manager if answer doesn't solve the issue.
- Return unwanted items to shelves.
- Other tasks as required by the management.
- Previous work experience as a cashier (6 months minimum) is a must
- Outstanding customer service skills and team- like attitude is a must
- Excellent employment references and work ethic
- High-school diploma, GED or higher education required
- Able to speak, read and write English
- Able to multitask, perform at stressful situations, prioritize and solve problems
- Schedule Availability at all shifts, weekends and Holidays
- Ability to work with a diverse workforce and on an individual basis
A cashier's duties are performed primarily at the front end of the store with sporadic exposure to outside weather conditions at time. Work includes standing at a register for prolonged periods, repetitive arm and hand movements, and moving and lifting products, along with continuous interaction with customers and coworkers.
Brooklyn Fare Benefits:
- Competitive Wages
- Paid Sick Days
- Commuter Flexible Spending Account
- Employee Discounts
We have 2 part-time openings at Brooklyn Fare Hudson Yards:
431 W 37th St. New York, NY 10018 (between 9th & 10th Ave)
We have 2 full-time openings at Brooklyn Fare Greenwich:
666 Greenwich St. New York, NY 10014